Hi, I'm Katherine Bowman from Iowa and I'm blessed to be living out the dreams that the Lord has placed in my heart! Having a photography business has been a dream of mine for many years. I feel that now is the right time to take the next steps and make it a reality. I am passionate about my relationship with Jesus Christ, my family, Brasil, staying fit, traveling, and of course photography. This blog is a reflection of myself. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or leave a comment below. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Good Reads: Part 1

I have always enjoyed a good book.  When I was younger I used to read under the covers with a flashlight while I was supposed to be sleeping! :)  The past couple years, I haven't read as much as I used to or liked to.  But that's about to change. 

A couple weeks ago, I heard about a book called "Do Hard Things".  It's written by 19 year old twin brothers, Alex and Brett Harris.   I was able to borrow the book and ended up reading it pretty quickly.  What impressed me was the things that these twins and other teens around the world are accomplishing at such a young age. 

The book talks about doing 5 different kinds of hard things.  
1.  Hard things that take you outside your comfort zone.
2.  Hard things that go beyond what's expected or required.
3.  Hard things that are too big for you to do alone.
4.  Hard things that don't pay off immediately.
5.  Hard things that go against the crowd. 

Even this book is geared towards teens, I really go a lot out of it.  It really got me thinking about the hard things in my life, things that I want to do, but used to think they were too hard.

Jerod ended up buying the book the other day and now he's reading it.  I think it will be a good gift also for some teens that are graduation from high school.


No comments:

 

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP